Re: [Epic] Veterans

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 18:44:47 -0500

> Also, I'm a bit confused about your Harlequin style Marines.
>Is there any reason why your 9 companies have to be fielded as 9
>detachments in E40k? For example, that 7th Company that people have
>commented a lot about might still be okay if it were split into 2
>detachments, one led by someone less important than a captain.
>Company sized detachments in E40k seem to be too vulnerable to one bad
>die roll and blast markers to be really effective.

Actually its ten detachments (First company has too many termies to be
fielded as one det.) I have an unfortunate affinity for large detachments,
and it allows me to build det. at cross purposes. I use the company lists
from the codex and it fits in rather nicely with the detachment size
limits. I know that the over all weakness of this army will be failed
leadership tests, but As marines I have a slight advantage there. I think
that the overall firepower of each detachment will over whelm most other
detachments in CC so being broken won't happen often.

I like to add vehicles to a detachment, not for transport but for
firepower. And I really like the way Vindicators work.

I do have problem though. How am I going to get just the bitz for Dark
Angel Dreadnoughts for the army? I really don't want to buy all those
blisters just for one dread per.

                Aerich Frodoson
                        "When all else fails, trade for it"