Re: [Epic] List admin query

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 19:58:52 -0800 (PST)

> > Don't know if I can be arsed to type it up again. Needless to say, it
> > SM vs. CJ21 knights, and I was absolutely crushed on the second
> > I think the knights in cj are too powerful.
>
> Now I'm _really_ interested as I play both involved though I haven't
> tried out the knights yet. At least give us a summary - don't you have
> a 'sent mail' folder?

Fine, I played a 2500 point meeting engagement, Marines vs tech-guard.
The board was ruins in the middle surrounded by a light cityscape with
roads leading out to the corners, arranged in such a way as to insinuate
a really big bomb went off...
I took, 7termies in 7LRs
10 attack bikes
captain, 5 whirlwinds, 2 devs 3 tacs all in rhinos ('cept the whirlwinds :o))
Librarian, 5 assault squads in rhinos
ordinatus armageddon
4LRs, 3 whirlwinds, 3 dev squads
some tacs and dreads to be deployed by t-hawk

He had: 3 siege, 3 heavy 1 deathstrike
10 knights
3 leman russ, 8 robots 5 castellans
Leviathan
Ordinatus Armageddon
lotsa infantry (guard)
4 t-bolts
3 marauders

First turn we all charged up towards the ruins. I managed to get some of
my devs in the ruins. nothing else really happened.
Turn two I charged my terminators hoping to scare him into diverting some
fire into them, the rest went on overwatch. the bikes still guarded the
ordinatus (see an earlier post today...). the t-hawks were intercepted
and one driven off, in return they downed one and drove off another
t-bolt. The marauders dropped on the devs and did nothing, three of em
gives 15fp not enough for 2BMs the perfect amount IMHO is 5;250 points 25fp.
the artillery fired at the devs breaking them, and the vortex missile
took out 2 LRs and both of the devs inside of each. He had put everything
on overwatch so nothing was in range. My hawks dropped the marines in
some ruins by his Leviathan and ordinatus and snapped the axle of the big
gun. the marines then broke it (2 damage left). he then fired his
castellans at my terminators out of the LRs by now. he thought I had a
trick up my sleeve, but decided to call my bluff. 39fp!!! translates into
29 dice (they were marching) on overwatch, that should equate to 9 hits
which still leaves a functional part of my detachment (although broken)
to take out some hardware. WRONG, 21 hits, nothing lived. I then realised
it was futile to go on, I had lost....

Aftermath. What a crap game. I wanted to try something new, and I
stretched myself out too thin. My fault, but I didn't think it would be
that bad, I don't think I killed anything. as I said the CJ knights are
too powerful. but then again, I was being stupid.
Sorry if this seems sketchy and brief, but I had to type it in once and
doing it again, I lost motivation.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of