Re: [Epic] 2000pt 'ideal' IG Army

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:28:19 -0600

Sean Smith wrote:

> Imperial Guard Colonel with Primas Psyker
> (in a chrimera) 64
> 2 Rough Rider Squads 20
>
> Imperial Titan Legion Detachment
> Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus 200
> Armed with - Plasma Annihilator
>
> Imperial Titan Legion Detachment
> Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus 200
> Armed with - Sonic Disrupter

Ah, good ol Ordinatus Cheese

> Imperial Guard Infantry Detachment
> 1 Detachment HQs (with captains) 57
> 3 Imperial Guard Squads (with 3 commissars) 60
> 9 Support Weapons 117

I'd make those guys Heavy Weapon and remove the commissars. They are not
going anywhere and are not so expensive that they are a "juicy" assault
target. Just keep em behind something.

> Imperial Guard Infantry Detachment
> 1 Detachment HQs (with captains) 57
> 3 Imperial Guard Squads (with 3 commissars) 60
> 9 Support Weapons 117

Goin a little overboard with SW.

> Imperial Guard Infantry Detachment
> 1 Detachment HQs (with captains) 57
> 3 Imperial Guard Squads (with 3 commissars) 60
> 3 Hellhounds 36
>
> Imperial Guard Tank Detachment
> Detachment HQ (hellhound flame tank) 37
> 5 Hellhound Flame Tanks 60

I'd split these up. Not much use on thier own

> Imperial Guard Artillery Detachment
> Detachment HQ (siege artillery unit) 79
> 2 Siege Artillery Units 108
> 6 Heavy Artillery Units 246
> 3 Hydra Flak Tanks 84
>
> Imperial Guard Rough Rider Squad
> Detachments HQ (with captain & a primaris psyker
> in a chrimera) 61
> Detachments HQ (captain on a horse) 41
> 6 Rough Rider Squad 60

Add some Sentinals for support. They can keep up and add 1 FP to your
assaults for only 8 points.