Re: [Epic] 2000pt 'ideal' IG Army

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:12:19 -0600

Sean Smith wrote:

> > As I normally fight Orks, I'm more concerned with BEING assaulted than
> > assaulting. 5 Battlewagons could assault this detachment and you would
> > be hit 2 to 1. That why I add a couple of cheap units with it to spread
> > out the attacker.
> >

> Maybe I didn't make myself clear, the hellhound detachment is suppost to
> support of detachments, as the diagram below demonstrates.
>
> O O O O
>
> C C H C
> IG IG H IG
> SW SW H SW
> SW SW H SW
> SW SW H SW
> H H H
>
> O = ork
> IG = normal IG
> C = Commssar
> SW = Support Weapon
> H = Hellhound

I got burned once, because you can't support unless some of your units
are touched, I had a bunch of HH just sitting there, watching their
buddies die. A clever (or cheesy) opponent can screw you by charging
your flanks. Besides, I saved 25 points buy joining them anyway.

Maybe its just me, my "formations" always turn into big blobs by turn 3
or so.

                                Aaron