Re: [Epic] Engineer unit in E41K MK II

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 01:27:49 +1000

----->8-----------
> This can be found on the web at
> http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41k/Rules/Engineering.htm

At the risk of being a "splitter", I find these rules a little complex.
Within the context of an E40K game, an engineer unit is mainly going to
be used for clearing defences.
I'd therefore have something LIKE (not neccessarily identical to)

Engineer Upgrade:
Can clear a Minefield by stopping at it and rolling a 4-6. On a 1 it
takes a hit.
Can clear a gap in razorwire by stopping at it.
Is not affected by dangerous terrain.

Cost 5 pts.

Considering the DethRolla on many Ork vehicles, and the various rollers
used for mine clearance on many formerly-Soviet tanks, there is a good
argument for giving roller-equipped Ork vehicles this ability.

In a campaign of course, Engineers lay mines, wire, build bunkers etc.
But in a tactical game, only their obstacle clearance abilities are
important. IMHO. And it KEEPS IT SIMPLE.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo