Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:59:57 -0500

>-LR columns are vulnerable to arty, airstrikes and disrupt weapons *unless*
>they have Predators or other troops out in front. Since other AFVs tend to
>have better speed than LRs, you can hit-and-run to wear the screen down, or
>just use repeated bombardment.

The thing I have noticed is that a lot of this string is comparing LR
comlumns for power and strength. I have never seem anyone put together an
all LR detachment. I myself have one LR rich detachment. My 3rd and 4th
company both have five LR's but are accompanied razorbacks, tact,assault,
bikes, a full company. None of the listed tactics would be a lot of good
against a balanced detachment, only a LR only det. Except of course Arty
Detachments,they would be able to put a hurt on any other group, but when
any detachment got in range the arties would burn

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"