RE: [Epic] Epic Plastic Sprues

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:34:32 -0600

> The following bit of information may be of interest. A friend was
>
> speaking to a GW shop manager and discovered that GW does not own
> the
> old epic plastic sprues. Apparently, they could not afford them
> (plastic molds are very expensive) so were done by a plastic
> manufacturer who held onto the copyright.
> The new sprues are GW owned, which may explain the huge price
> increase. They are trying to claw back their investment.
>
> Keith

---------> The old sprues and new sprues are virtually identical, with
typically 1-3 figures being redone, so I would say this story is bogus.
GW might not have owned the actual molds for some reason, and might have
lost those, but the copyright isn't going to enter into it.

As for clawing back their investment, at some point it becomes cheaper
to do lead. We're damn near there. Their sprue [rices have gone up
dramatically the last few years...

Chris Miller