RE: [Epic] Epic Plastic Sprues

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:43:15 -0800 (PST)

> As for clawing back their investment, at some point it becomes cheaper
> to do lead. We're damn near there. Their sprue [rices have gone up
> dramatically the last few years...

Apparently, GW has barely broken even on their WH40K IG tanks. And those
are about 4 years old? However, for Epic infantry I would prefer plastic
over pewter even if they cost the same either way. Plastic glue is so
helpful for working at that scale -- I can't imagine doing infantry
conversions if I had to work with pewter and superglue.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9