Re: [Epic] paint removal (Here we go again)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:13:29 -0500 (EST)

Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...> writes:
> The process I reccomend is leave the figure submerged in cleaner of choice
> (I use Pine-sol) for about a day, put cling film over the top of the
> container to keep fumes to a minimum (and minimize evaporation).

        Yeah... I use a pint or quart container that they give me
when I order chinese food for delivery (soup or watery dish). Comes
with a convenient lid. I'm a big fan of pine-sol myself, though the
industrial strength one didn't seem to make much difference except to
my hands. It's not great for your hands, so wash them during and
afterwards and put moisturizing lotion on afterwards.

> Take the miniature out and to stop paint flicking, hold it under some
> soapy water and scrub with a toothbrush, if soaked long enough the paint
> falls off in one lump. To get the awkward parts, use a pin or sharp knife.

        I hear that scrubbing with a paper towel briefly helps to keep
the toothbrush from gettign completely gunked up too quickly.

Mark