Re: [Epic] [E40k] (new to the list) Ramming & overruns??

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:53:46 -0500

> I was curious if anyone here has any ideas about how
>Ramming&Overruns/Stomp Attacks (ala 1st ed. SM/Titanicus) could be
>implemented in E40K? I tried my hand at a few silly attempts, but they
>didn't work so well. Or at all. The one that does almost work is just a
>straight 2D6 roll + armor, but looking at the vehicle stats made me
>realize that there's not much of a range so you might as well almost
>just roll 1D6 with the highest score winning, but that sucks so bad that
>you might as well not even bother (gee, do you suppose that's why they
>left ramming out of the rules?). The only part of my idea that I like
>was having the vehicles move 2D6cm in a random direction in the case of
>a tie or if the winner's score was only 1 or 2 higher than the loser's.
>(this makes it possible to have insane pile-ups of randomly crashing
>vehicles as each impact is handled as ANOTHER ram/overrun...etc. etc...,
>hee hee) and any impacts with solid terrain features like buildings and
>cliff-faces would destroy the vehicle on a 3+ on 1D6. (making it
>possible to win the ram/overrun and still lose the vehicle).

I assumed that part of the Assualt value of vehicles and the like was the
ability to stomp/roll enemy infantry units. Maybe a bonus during assaults
like +1 for superior number of vehicles is the most I would do.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"