Re: [Epic] Supermarkets (believe it or not ON TOPIC)

From: Doug Burton <daburton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:03:25 +0100

Thane Morgan wrote:

> COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:
> >
> > My sister works in the purchasing department for a UK supermarket.
> > Her boss was sent a load of samples from GW which he didn't want (my
> > sister say huge box!) which Im going to get for free!!(GLOAT, GLOAT,
> > GLOAT).
> > I havent got a clue whats in this 'huge box' so may well have stuff
> > to trade when I finally get it of her.
> > Anyway just thought you might be interested as for GW to start
> > supplying Supermarkets (not normal toy stores) seems a very big
> > change to me.
> > Any comments folks?

Is this in the U.S? Gee, if the non-traditional outlets begin carrying
GW products we will definately see price reductions. Imagine stores
like Sams/Walmarts, Meijer et al carrying GW products...all at reduced
prices. I rarely see any item selling for sgrp in a grocery type
store...at least the ones I frequent :)
Doug