Re: [Epic] Digital Cameras Rule!

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:35:39 -0500

> Nice pictures! The ones on my web page (www.avs.com/~askinner) are by
> digital camera, but I don't think I could reproduce the quality of
> those. Of course, the painting quality is a good bit better than
> too!

I don't know that much about digital cameras, but the one we are using
is a Sony MVC-DF5 and it puts the pictures right on a floppy disk, which
I think is very handy. I just set it up on a tripod with my 150W
Halogen painting lamp overhead and the miniatures on an unfolded manila
folder set down on a shelf. The macro on this camera is 2.2" so I was
able to get very close! And thanks for the compliment, too.

> Sure, put 'em on a web page. The one thing I like better than seeing
> people's miniatures is seeing pictures of battles. I like to see how
> people set up their terrain, what kind of terrain they use, etc.

I would very much like to take battlefield pictures, terrain pictures,
etc. We have great photo-ops every battle but I haven't had a chance to
capture them until now!

Regards,

- Erik