Re: [Epic] Epic Plastic Sprues

From: Doug Burton <daburton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:47:40 +0100

I definately won't get into a price ranting thread here (I get into
enough of those on the Warhammer newsgroup :), but my thought is that if
GW just leaves the tanks alone, a company like Armourcast will gladly do
the models, for about the same price, and not complain. Heck, for only
$50-$60 you get a VERY HEAVY and durable model tank from them. My
warhound titan only cost in the $70 range...and it looks great. The
tyranid exocrine runs about $30...as do some of the chaos vehicles. I
find it really funny that we can buy, from armourcast, an ork
battlewagon just like the ones that were in plastic, only now in
resin...for the exact same price as the plastic. I think it's great
that GW wants to supplement their games and do all their own products,
but there is nothing wrong with subletting the work out to a company who
can do it just as well, make it much more durable, and in some cases as
cheap, if not cheaper than GW can do it. I guess I should have asked
WHY more than anything else. WHY would they bother with plastic kits,
no matter how many variations on them, if they are having trouble making
money from them?
     Now, lets get this thread back on track :) What different eldar
are available in the new epic boxed set...as compared to the older boxed
set? I've seen the imperial guard, orks and space marines and saw what
different figures are in those. That leaves chaos, which I guess we'll
see soon.
Doug