Re: [Epic] Supermarkets (believe it or not ON TOPIC)

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:27:00 -0500

>I was in a discussion with a local gamestore owner today, and we came to
>a conclusion: GW needs to do a national marketing campaign like WOTC did
>for magic:the obsession. Right now, not enough people even know of the
>existence of such games, and many of them associate it with "Satanic"
>Dungeon and Dragons. They need something to make it appear
>"yuppie-on-the-edge", like the image magic commercials projected, but
>with more violence.

You mean actually advertise this game outside of the Gameshops... What are
you, MAD?!? It would never work...No, wait... Maybe this is just crazy
enough to work. Who would have thought...Actually tell people about the
game and they might buy it.

>This would likely get more people into wargaming in general without
>pissing off all of the game stores who have stuck with GW even when
>asked to squeal like a pig.
>
>Thane

Needed to vent some sarcasm

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"