Re: [Epic] Supermarkets (believe it or not ON TOPIC)

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:25:01 +0000

On 19 Mar 98 at 17:02, Thane Morgan wrote:

> Doug Burton wrote:
> >
> > Thane Morgan wrote:

> > Is this in the U.S? Gee, if the non-traditional outlets begin carrying
> > GW products we will definately see price reductions. Imagine stores
> > like Sams/Walmarts, Meijer et al carrying GW products...all at reduced
> > prices. I rarely see any item selling for sgrp in a grocery type
> > store...at least the ones I frequent :)
> > Doug
No this was in Northern England, GW workshops traditional market
base, hence the believe it or not. Surprised they're willing to risk
the potential loss of trade but then if they only allow markets
where there are no GW in the town would get round it.
The increase exposure should well increase sales (both in GW stores
and out) if supermarkets start selling them (Argos in Uk used to sell
not sure if still does) and you never know that might at least stop
prices going up further (going down probably a bit over optimistic!).

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!