Re: [Epic] Titan weapon slots

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:57:03 -0600

At 08:31 PM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> Think about guys - Carapace multi lasers are for titan defense there short
>> range and no sv mod implies they are defense against infantry. Surely you
>> are not suggesting that titans are only charged by infantry from the rear.
>
>Certainly not. However, the rest of a Titan's weaponry is front 180
>(or, in AT rules, 135 degrees right/left or front 90 degrees) so having
>the CMLs cover the rear isn't such a stretch IMO. For that matter, I
>think the description in the Space Marine Battles book said they were
>rear 180. Unfortunately, I can't find my book; does anyone have a copy
>of that? (It might've actually just been in someone's tactics comments,
>in which case it isn't an actual ruling, but seeing if it's even there
>would be nice.)

Let me get this straight. Despite the fact that it is almost universally
agreed on this list that it is too easy to take down titans with infantry,
you are arguing that the anti-infantry/point-defense wepons should be
WEAKER? Give 'em 360, or make it very clear that they may be used against
anyone close assaulting the titan.

Temp