Re: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:23:47 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Sean Smith wrote:

> > One Megagargant plus 5 Battleforts is really as much as you can squeeze
> > in in 2000 pts, if you have even a modicum of support!
>

> To be blunt, I would drop battle fortresses, they are just to easy to kill.

I agree. They only work for me when I fight other orks or playing vs 'nids
all other armies can outrange them and tear them up. Big morale loss, both
for the orks and the guy playing them. Eldar outrange you, SM outgun you.
IG outgun/outrange you, Squats, well, lets not go there. The memories are
too painful.

I use my BF as rolling targets, the other guy has so much fun taking them
apart that he may forget that my boyz are moving up fast....

The CoS and fliers are your friends. Use them. lots of them.

Mgargants are good, but if there is only 1 gargant on the field, you might
as well paint a big bullseye on the front of it.

> Sean Smith

**
mike
**