Re: [Epic] Final Liberation

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:31:49 -0600

Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

> When I contacted SSI, to firmly place the blame on then for the low sales
> of Final Liberation, they told me that there would be no add ons but they
> are considering putting out a unit editor that would allow you to create
> whatever unit you wanted, new armies, new weapons, and the guy thought they
> might create a campighn editor. This was about three weeks ago, I'm going
> to contact them again to see if there is any truth to this tonight

I hope you're right, and that they do put out this editor - we could share
units and get the full range of armies supported... but I'm not terribly
hopeful.

Here (according to a story I heard this weekend at Gamers Con IV) is
the scoop on Final Liberation:

It seems that SSI had an update ready for release, though exactly
what was in it wasn't clear, but it added at least some of the missing
armies. GW informed them that in order to keep using the name,
concept, logo, etc, they'd have to convert over to the Epic40K rules,
new vehicles, and stuff. Supposedly SSI said something rude and
has scrapped the program altogether.

Bummer, yes?

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...