Re: [Epic] SV: satans work

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 98 02:16:14 EST

At 10:28 PM 3/23/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Actually, in my experience "banning" a game is virtually a gaurantee of
>success. if some lunatic bible fringe comes out scrteeming for a game to be
>banned, it assures you of more free advertising than you could ever afford
>to pay for. Also we all know enough about child psychology to know how
>desirable something becomes when you are told that you can't have it...
>
>Agro

Yep. MIT has put a ban on alcohol because of a kid who died this past
September. Thing is, alcohol consumption has just gone farther underground,
and now people are so afraid of retribution if they get caught in an inibriated
state that they don't get help if they need it. Talk about stupid.

Of course, the kid who died was a pledge at a frat (one with a bad rep campus
wide), and that made it all the worse for frats in general, who were painted
as evil misleaders of angelic youths. The media had a field day, and now
most of the social life that existed is gone. I'm not saying that alcohol is
necessary for people to have a good time, but alcohol-free parties die
_very_ quickly.

Anyway.

Elias