Re: [Epic] SV: satans work

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:38:13 +1000

Elias Tiliakos wrote:

> I'm not saying that alcohol is
> necessary for people to have a good time, but alcohol-free parties die
> _very_ quickly.

Not down here, many people just smoke dope (Cannabis Sativa, Marijuana
). I'm allergic to the stuff, and as I have been involved in Defence
work in the past, it would be extremely stupid of me to try it anyway.

"Personal Use" is allowed in Canberra, growing commercial amounts leads
to years in jail. Being under the influence of Dope is no more (and no
less) punishable than being drunk. Smoke Dope, or Drink Booze, and
drive, and you're history.

As to what is more harmful, alcohol or grass, I'd say from the evidence,
grass by a whisker. But by the same token, Tobacco + Alcohol is
certainly more harmful than dope alone. Of course all this is based on
medical, rather than moral, grounds. And the legal situation is
something else again. Frankly, the USA (except for certain states) is so
uptight about it, and Organised Crime gets so much money from it, that
I'd discourage anyone in the USA from being involved with any drug in
any way shape or form. Dope may not be as medically hazardous as
Cigarettes and Booze, but 2 to 5 in a penitentiary is more hazardous
still.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo