[Epic] SV: satans work

From: staffan raupach <z96rast_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:34:17 +0100

>Thus they announced that D&D was a vehicle of recruitment for Satan,
>though they somehow broke it down to monosyllablic words. They got a lot
>of parents to not let their children play the game, and banned the books
>from various organizations. This was reinforced when a couple of kids
>killed themselves while playing the game; naturally, this couldn't be
>the parent's fault for raising loser kids, it had to be some sort of
>satanic pact. The highlight for these people was a made for TV movie (a
>sure sign that some oddball movement/trailer trash story has made the
>bigtime in the US), where a kid goes skitzo while playing a fantasy
>roleplaying game, and ends up running through teh city with a sword.

Altough we in sweden doesnt have such a strong religous organization there
were some voices raised after 2 guys killed a third, apperently they had
played AD&D earlier that evening, after that there were loads of talkshows
that descriped the mind wrinkeling effects(thats bad!) of roleplaying, it
has now started to go down a bit though
//staffan