Re: [Epic] Aircraft Interceptions

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:10:42 +0100

>> For example, if I have a squadron of three Marauders on
>> a ground attack mission, and my Eldar opponent intercepts
>> them with a squadron of three Nightwings, and I in
>> turn intercept his Nightwings with a squadron of three
>> Thunderbolts, which of the following is the correct
>> way to conduct the interception:

I thought the Thunderbolt/Nightwing battle was resolved first (the Marauders
are not in sight yet), and then the Marauder/surviving-Nightwings battle is
resolved. The Nightwings always fire first because they have the highest
Intercept value. (I believe this was described as 'way b)'). I just think
the Thunderbolts will do their very best to get the Nightwings before the
Eldar get into range to blast the Marauders.

Just picture the situation if the Thunderbolts get intercepted by a second
squadron Nightwings. According to 'way a)' all the fighters are put
together and the order of firing is determined by the Intercept value. 'way
b)' just seems more realistic. (Eek ! I used the 'realistic' word for rules
of a fantasy wargame... ^_-)

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...