Re: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:31:09 +1000

Olcglas wrote:

> <snip critique>
> >
> > In summary, your criticisms are all valid to some extent: but in 2000
> > pts, it's about as balanced a "War Engine + Supports" force as you can
> > get. In a larger force, I'd pick additional troops exactly as you
> > described: Gretchin, Nobz, More Big Gunz and especially Pulsas, and more
> > air, plus some Stormboyz.
> >
> I admit, I'm just a little leery of doing a predominantly WE force in 2000
> points; it seems that 3000 would be the best environment for that kind of
> army. Your force looks a lot like my 2000 point Ork army, except that I stuck
> with a GG instead of an MG, and 4 BFs instead of 5. That, right there, gave me
> 2 extra good-sized detachments, plus a slightly beefier air contingent.

Good criticism! I've often thought of a GG instead of an MG - the
toughness is nearly the same, and the FP is only about 1/3 less. Trouble
is, the MG is mainly for attracting enemy attention away from the more
harmful, but more vulnerable units.
As for 4 BFs vs 5... the "spread hits" effect means that with 5 BFs, 16
hits are required before one dies, as opposed to 13... I also like
having enough transport for an optimised Big Gunz mob along with 'em.
Still, an extra 200 pts or so would be most useful.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo