Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 20 Feb 1997 14:26 EST

In message "[Epic] Net Epic", you write:

> > From: "Cameron Bentsen" <stu7i95_at_...>
> >
> > IF we were to keep the current system, I submit that Chaos should have to pay
> > 900 points for a Warlord and the Imperials 750. This cost increase reflects
> > the Chaos Warlord's access to titan tails as well as all the chaos weapons.
>
> A +2 CAF is not worth 150 points. And as far as I'm concerned,
> the LoB weapons are LoB only, and the Banelord weapons are Banelord only.

That's what the extra 150 points buys you; if you don't think you should have
access to these weapons, you (obviously) won't pay the extra points. However,
I feel that access to these weapons is the primary thing distinguishing Chaos
titans from their Imperial counterparts (other than conversions/paint jobs,)
and I kind of think that Chaos Titans should be a bit different after having
spent a few millenia in the warp...

> > Furthermore, Chaos battlegroups should be allowed, but worth 1800 points, as
> > opposed to the Imperials' 1500.
> >
> > Chaos Reavers, accordingly, should be worth 600 points, and battlegroups 1200.
>
> Why???

For the same reason as above; to pay for the extra weapons choices & tails
that distinguish them from Imperial Reavers.

> > They would not have access to havoc missle racks, however, for obvious reasons.
>
> Well for one thing, it's not on their list of permitted weapons.

More importantly, they don't have 2 carapace slots. There is, AFAIK, no list
of permitted weapons for Chaos Titans other than the standard Imperial ones.
IMO, there should be.