RE: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Alexis Nahib Delgado Saab <alexis_usb_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:19:06 PST

>On Wed 25 Mar, Miller, Chris wrote:
>>

>> ---------> Where are the IG getting those death rays? War engines?
>
>200 points buys an Ordinatus with 3 death rays
>

> If
>> we're all taking 2000 points then you're taking WE to counter my WE's
>> and the points difference isn't much. If you're taking vortex
missiles
>> and hitting my Forts, then they aren't hitting the mega-gargant which
is
>> the real core of this army if I'm reading it right. I guarantee you
>> won't get more than one fort under a template, and yes it will
probably
>> die, but how many vortexes will you take in a 2000pt force?
>
>I only refering to vortex missiles for squats.
>
>> I think one of the advantages of the ork army is a relatively
cheap
>> war engine with decent movement, assault values, firepower, _and_ the
>> ability to transport troops. Use 'em. As for IG infantry
out-assaulting
>> orks, It's possible but I don't think it would be all that easy to
>> arrange.
>
>I don't have a problem in getting good assault values for IG,
especially
>when support weapons and hellhounds are used to provide support in
close
>combat.
>

>> What I would like to see from those who dislike this force is a 2000
pt
>> army you would take against it. It's easy to say "I would beat that
>> _unit_ with this unit" but try building a force which will stomp it
as
>> easily as some say.
>
>I can post you my 'ideal' version of an IG army to the list if you
like.
>You then give your opinion how well it would do against your army.
>Note my 'ideal' IG army was designed to deal with all comers, not
>specifically Ork army. I however still think it would do very well
>against the army you posted. I also have an 'ideal' 2000 point Ork
army,
>if you wish me to post that as well.
>

>Finally, please don't take any comments I have made personally.
>Believe it or not, my comments are intended to be helpful by
>pointing weaknesses in your army that you may have not recognised.

    I would like to see your "ideal" 2000 pts ork Army list.

   It should be interesting because Ork are all i play and i agree that
this army list is pretty good, but i think i�ll go with a GG instead of
a MG and maybe i�ll get a couple more Flyboyz

              Alexis Delgado

   I�ll tell a the world iz Green...

        Alexis_usb_at_...