RE: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:05:35 -0600

> As an alternate to the 5 Warengines, for the same price (425) you can
> get 20 Battlewagons, including a Psyker and a Warboss, plus 2 Death
> Ray
> speedstas. Same Transport capacity too..
> --

-------> And lord knows we all have plenty of those b-wagons sitting
around - they're probably the only thing I have which exceeds my number
of rhinos. And oddly enough the vast majority of both types of units are
painted. And actually I hated bubba chukkers (what the death ray
speedstas used to be) so I only had 1, but I've picked up a few more on
sale now, so have 4.Soon to be 5. They're quite handy now, and given
orks lack of AT shots, becoming quite common in my army.

        The b-wagon change does spread the damage around, though. Might
be less attarctive to death rays and AT shots, which may be good or bad
depending on whether the gargant is supposed to be attracting fire or
having it directed somewhere else. 2 more deathrays , psyker & warboss
can't hurt either. This would not be a bad unit to plug into any army,
and I've been kind of thinking "modular" for my orks anyway with
transport units and foot units made up seperately. Have to look at my
existing units and check this out.

Chris Miller