[Epic] house rules and overwatch

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:23:15 -0500

Someone mentioned wishing there were opportunity fire in Epic. I've
also heard in the past people thinking that rerolling misses in
overwatch was too strong. (Though if you are the overwatcher, not the
overwatchee, it is a lot of fun!)

I've thought of just replacing the overwatch rules with the ability to
fire in the movement phase. I don't remember the specifics of prep
fire--would this roll the two into one? Even better, allow an overwatch
detachment to hold fire until the assault phase. (Partly
self-balancing, as they could have more blast markers by then.) This is
really the same thing someone else just proposed, except that they were
talking about an additional rule, where I was thinking of getting rid of
the current overwatch rule and replacing it with this.

This changes things a bit more centrally than most people would like,
though.

andy

--
Andy Skinner