Re: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:26:29 -0800 (PST)

I think all infantry should get an op fire rule, and certain vehicles (Eg,
a hellhound would not have op fire), the opurtunity fire would be just
like the old snap fire rules, where the det goes on special orders, to
avoid silliness, the detachment should fire as a whole (otherwise it will
be one dice per unit, and that would be better than firing in the fire
phase). The Oppurtunist detachment would then fire at a single detachment
or war engine as it passes by, range worked out from the centre of mass of
the target detachments trajectory (The line the midpoint follows)
All units with op fire ability may not fire in the shooting phase as they
were too busy scouting for movement, and any detachments without the
ability can fire as if on overwatch.
In summary, this allows a detachment to suppress an area from enemy move,
but it can be exploited, and is not overpowerful (after all, how much
damage can random firing at passing units do?)
Do you think this sounds fair? I will probably develop it, with the list
of what vehicles have the ability, and then I will rewrite the rulings so
they make sense if anyone thinks it a worthwhile thing to follow.
 Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...