Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:26:34 -0500

> From: "Cameron Bentsen" <stu7i95_at_...>
>
> > > IF we were to keep the current system, I submit that Chaos should have to pay
> > > 900 points for a Warlord and the Imperials 750. This cost increase reflects
> > > the Chaos Warlord's access to titan tails as well as all the chaos weapons.
> >
> > A +2 CAF is not worth 150 points. And as far as I'm concerned,
> > the LoB weapons are LoB only, and the Banelord weapons are Banelord only.
>
> That's what the extra 150 points buys you; if you don't think you should have
> access to these weapons, you (obviously) won't pay the extra points. However,
> I feel that access to these weapons is the primary thing distinguishing Chaos
> titans from their Imperial counterparts (other than conversions/paint jobs,)
> and I kind of think that Chaos Titans should be a bit different after having
> spent a few millenia in the warp...

        Well, they _do_ have tails. And funky heads.

        I have no objection to there being chaos-titan specific weapons
like the energy whip, I just don't think they should be the LoB and the
Banelord weapons. The Banelord is a warlord with a mass of pros and
cons; on the con side some of his weapons suck compared to imperial
counterparts (on the pro side some are better than imperial counterparts).
If you're able to make a titan with all the Banelord's good weapons and
none of the bad ones, for the same price as the Banelord, well that's
just wrong. Of course if you assign each weapon an individual price
the problem goes away, since a Doomfist would be more expensive than a
chainfist.

        The LoB is kinda the same way - the Death storm is better than
the gatling cannon, but the doom burner is worse than the quake & volcano
guns.

> > > Chaos Reavers, accordingly, should be worth 600 points, and battlegroups 1200.
> >
> > Why???
>
> For the same reason as above; to pay for the extra weapons choices & tails
> that distinguish them from Imperial Reavers.

        Hmmmm... well it was AC/JJ's opinion that the LoB/Banelord
weapons should only be available to Chaos Warlords, but in the end it
all comes down to whatever house rules you prefer. Renegades doesn't
place any kind of restriction on which titans could have tails & whips,
although it seems reasonable that Reavers could take them while
Warhounds could not.

> More importantly, they don't have 2 carapace slots. There is, AFAIK, no list
> of permitted weapons for Chaos Titans other than the standard Imperial ones.
> IMO, there should be.

        Yet another oversight in TL. Surprise, surprise.

Scott
shupes_at_...