Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:31:09 -0800 (PST)

> Line of sight rule is that you can see over any terrain that is lower
> than you. Units in the middle of woods are in cover, but in LOS. Units
> behind cover are out of LOS. Has something to do with assumption of how
> big terrain pieces are, but I like this better.

I htought the house ruling was common sense and it is how I have always
played it.

> > > 6. Vortex Missiles/death strikes: d6 death rays under the template is
> >
> > I like the rule where if the missile hits a detachment it does D6 death
> > rays spread out amongst the units under the template, and a war engine hit
> > takes D6 AT hits, with one critical if it has no shields.
>
> I like that alright, except it's a bit wordy.
It is prroly written:
Vortex missiles:
Against vehicles or infantry:
A vortex is almost total annihilation, place the template, then roll D6,
this is the number of hits the missie causes on the units under the
template, each hit is exactly like a death ray.
Against a war Engine.
Due to the massive size and incredible armour of WEs, a vortex missile
will only do D6 AT hits but is the war engine has no shields, or loses
it's shields from the impact, the missile will cause an automatic critical
hit.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...