Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:10:01 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> Stephen Sheldon wrote:
>
> > > 3. Blast markers: I don't like how the number of blast markers that come
> > > Instead of removing d6-1 blast markers, roll two dice and remove
> > > a number of blast markers equal to the lower die. (Maybe double
> > > 6s should count as 0.)
> > >
> > I like this.-------------------stephes_at_...--------
>
> I hate this. BM's already prematurely end games too much as is; cutting
> the number removed will only reduce the actual number of kills you need
> to win.

Actually, my original proposal actually slightly increases the average
number of BMs removed, from 2.5 to 2.52777. Probably because you always
remove 1 (which Elias doesn't like, but I do, 'cause I think you ought
to have to keep applying fire to keep up suppression), and can remove
6. But I think I'd like a limit on how many points come off because of
suppression, like no more than morale value per turn.

Or did you (or whoever proposed something similar) prefer that you don't
remove more than morale value total for the game? I guess it does seem
a bit odd that you do more morale damage by suppressing them one turn
and killing them next turn than blowing them away first turn.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...