Re: [Epic] house rules (was Re: General Enquiry)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:50:50 -0500

Chris Miller wrote:

> >> ---------> Means nothing? So would you pay for "generic unrealistic
> >> science fantasy rules" with "generic unrealistic minis"? I'd bet not,
> >
> >Ah, yes, where can I get them? I think you meant to spell that "Dirt
> >Side" or maybe "Striker"...
> >
> ----------> Which have you spent more money on? Those or some GW miniatures
> & rules? Nothing wrong with generic rules, but I find it hard to believe
> anyone on this list really dislikes/ignores completely the fluff.

I'm not crazy about the fluff. I bought the first Space Marine box as a
bunch of minis for Dirtside II. Then I figured the SM rules were easier
(the core rules, not everything when you combine the army or unit
specific stuff, along with TL) and we stuck to that. E40K may be
comparable to DSII, though I imagine it is quicker because of firing
detachments at detachments, rather than units at units.

I certainly don't get into the Emperor stuff, don't like anything about
Harlequins, and am not crazy about Aspects, which is bad for my Eldar.
I'm OK with most stuff about the Orks, even if mine turn out to be
brown. ;) I solve the question about only 1000 marines per chapter by,
"Who cares?"

andy

--
Andy Skinner