Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:33:49 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Miller, Chris wrote:
>
> > Cheese I would reserve for extreme things like Ork armies with
> > no boyz - just nobz and skarboyz,
>
> This would rub me sooo much the wrong way I'd refuse to play against
> it
> in anything but the smallest battle. Unless the opposition could come
> up with a reasonable excuse. Skarboyz aren't particularly
> cost-effective,
> but Nobz are the "Balancers" for the Orks, the very cost-effective
> units
> they have for having so much else that's utter rubbish.

Ah, Alan that reminds me. In your "flavour" rules for Orks (of which
E41K is based in the main) did you mean for Bad Moons to be all Nobz and
Shooty boys? I noticed that when I was looking over the stuff earlier
this week and thought I had a transcription error, so I went and checked
your original work, and it's there also.

> > IG armies with no normal infantry,
>
> I can _just_ imagine an all-tank force. Depends on the size of the
> game.

You know you could do the early parts of the Sinai battles of the '73
Arab / Israeli war that way. Both sides as IG, one all tanks (the
Israeli side), one with TONS of support weapons (The Arab player). The
Arab gets a ton of flak and the Israeli player gets 10 or so fighter
bombers.

> > Chaos which is entirely marines and imperial equipment but no
> daemons,
> > that kind of thing.
>
> OTOH I consider this entirely normal, especially for E30K battles.
> Heck,
> you have exactly the same as the SMs, but pay 1 pt more. What's wrong
> with this?

Point of order: In E30K they are not CSM they are Traitor Marines.
They turn into CSM after they lose and flee into the eye of terror.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com