(no subject)

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:00:06 -0500

Hey there members of the SNTN (and anyone else with a good idea)

I am coming up on a battle with a Tyrannid force from the campaign my group
is running. The Tyrannids have overuns 5 plannets, and 2 colonies. I have
to design an army that will be a slowing force.

The story line right now is that the Imperium is setting up a major force
with the Eldars to stop the Tyrannid swarm coming into Human space. My
objective is simple, a slowing action so the Imperium can do this, while
causing as much damage as possible. Do to the time table I will not be
receiving any help and the planetoid we forced as the battle ground has no
life on it, and therefore no Imperial Guards as back up.

In game terms, I am going to be fighting an swarm with a 700 point
advantage. My advantage is a strong defensive position, facing a large area
with little cover. Special rules we are using is no droppods (storyline
limit), and only re-rolls from fate cards. The Space Marine base is a
cleanse Objective for the Tyrannids, while the marines needs to live
through 7 turns to be concidered as having succeeded. We will also be using
building destruction rules, developed by a member of the group.

So what do you think in 2000 points what can I do to do the damage required
and still survive against a bigger, badder Swarm. I realize that Sauron and
Thane are probably cackling at the idea of the Jesters dipped in BarBQue
sauce slowly rosting of the burning hulk of a landraiders, but any ideas
would be aprreciated.

                President SNTN
                Aerich Frodoson

        We the members of Say No To Nids, have determines that for the sake
        of unsupspecting Terminators, Imperial Guard Cavalry, Exarcts, and Mekboy
        Warwagonz, that the continuation of the playing of these atrocities is
        against the best interest of our armies.