Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:13:42 -0500

Casualty confusion snipped.

Okay. The current GW rule is three models to a base makes a unit, with squadrons
composed of 1 to 3 units.

That means I put two bikes on one base, they count as one bike stat wise and
casualty wise, just like infantry.

When the squadron takes a casualty, a unit is removed, which is 2 bikes on a
base/stand.

I'm not gonna try to be anymore clear, because 15 other people are gonna reply as
well.

Now, I go 2 per base because GW is stupid. Marine bikes come 4 per sprue, so what
the hell am I gonna do with the extra guy. The only way 4/sprue works on 3/base is
if I buy 8 sprues. Hmm, I wonder if the number 2 works well into 4. Why yes, it
does.

So the point comes down to 1 unit and a left over bike, or two units. Sorry GW, I
think 2/base looks better anyways.