Re: [Epic] Good bye Epic

From: Doug Burton <daburton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:49:02 +0100

When I talked to Mail order on Friday I asked about Chaos and they said
it would be late summer before the stuff was released. Seems like an
awful long time to me...maybe supporting the supposition that GW is
pulling back on epic 40K. However, even if GW does quit supporting epic
tomorrow, it'll be a loooong time before you can't get the figures.
Call mail order and you can still get man o war figures (and, last time
I checked, Mighty Empires, Space Fleet and others). So, even if GW
announced tomorrow that epic 40K was dead, the worst that would happen
is that the local stores that DO carry the stuff will have a big 50% off
sale and we could get tons of stuff cheap. Epic is a completed system
with no need for new introductions (of things you couldn't come up with
yourself in the first place). It's a very open and versatile system
that is fairly easy to create and change. The strange thing is that GW
promised retailers that the next 18 months would see support for the
game, including substantial inclusion in White Dwarf. If I were a
retailer that bought into the BIG sales you had to (to carry
epic...something like 12 boxed sets and 4 of each initial blister), I
would complain heavily as White Dwarf has had very little epic material
in the last few months.
Doug