Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: mlooney - IOnet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:53:58 -0600

Miller, Chris wrote:

> That said, it might be interesting to have some kind of
> "degraded" unit rules adding some level of capability between "fine" and
> "destroyed". For infantry, you'd have less fp and assault value, tanks
> could have a 1d6 roll 1-2 = mobility kill, 3-4 = weapons out, 5-6 =
> normal destruction ( or maybe 5 = vehicle out, crew survives, 6 = total
> loss), but it would provbably be too much complication, and it would
> certainly get expensive in terms of minis...I mean, it's not like we can
> just flip the counter over, now is it...

What do you think blast markers are?

The loss of ability of the detachment as a whole reflects this. The
removal of blast markers represents the command & staff regrouping the
still living out of a bunch of damaged squads into cohesive squads
again.

Thinking about it, E40K makes more sense if you assume that each stand
is platoon (say 30 some odd men or 3-5 tanks) than it does assuming that
each one is 5 men or 1 tank. Given it's history as being derived from a
1 unit = 1 platoon game, this make sense.

This means, of course, that I may have to rethink some TO&E conversion.

hmmm... wheels start spinning...