RE: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:51:44 -0600

> > And if I _was_ wrong, how do you folks represent the death of one
> >
> > or two out of three?
> >

> > Cornelius
>
> Eh? If your unit takes a hit, then the unit (all three models on the
> base)
> is destroyed and removed. There is never any *need* to have only one
> or two models on a cavalry/bikes stand; unless you just like modeling
> your troops to look as if they've taken a few casualties.

---------> Yeah, let me second this - how do you get into a situation
where one or two out of three mini's on a _stand_ are getting killed? If
you're playing per figure, then you _are_ wrong, at least according to
the rules in my box. The games is based per _stand_, not per figure. The
only reason to mount them 1,2, or 3 to a stand is for the look - use
whichever one you prefer.

        That said, it might be interesting to have some kind of
"degraded" unit rules adding some level of capability between "fine" and
"destroyed". For infantry, you'd have less fp and assault value, tanks
could have a 1d6 roll 1-2 = mobility kill, 3-4 = weapons out, 5-6 =
normal destruction ( or maybe 5 = vehicle out, crew survives, 6 = total
loss), but it would provbably be too much complication, and it would
certainly get expensive in terms of minis...I mean, it's not like we can
just flip the counter over, now is it...

Chris Miller