Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:45:43 -0600

Tyler Provick wrote:

> Please do not be offended, we are not all trying to make you look or
> feel stupid. We saw the question, we knew the answer, and we did not ask
> each other if someone else was planning to answer it. Therefor the point
> has been beaten into the ground.

Thanks, Tyler. I'm not at all offended, and I don't feel stupid. Chagrinned,
maybe, and certainly my fingertips are a little sore. :) But not offended.

On the contrary, I'm very pleased to have gotten corrected so quickly. I
wish I'd learned this before I cut so many bike stands in half and repainted
their edges, but I'm glad I learned it.

> That's the way a ML works (unless you appoint a weekly wizard) you ask a
> question that everyone knows the answer to, you'll get everyone
> answering you

I'm well pleased. Seriously - think about what was written to me. All
those people, and nobody said anything rude, overused the exclamation
point key, or even mentioned reading the manual, F or otherwise.

Just information.

Very cool.

Thanks again, all. I hope none of you will feel slighted if this is the last
thing I write on this particular topic. Writing "okay I get it. thanks" over
and over is getting just a little bit tiresome to write, and I'm sure it's
worse to read.

Contentedly, Cornelius

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...