RE: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:47:16 -0600

> > That said, it might be interesting to have some kind of
> > "degraded" unit rules adding some level of capability between "fine"
> and
> > "destroyed". For infantry, you'd have less fp and assault value,
> tanks
> > could have a 1d6 roll 1-2 = mobility kill, 3-4 = weapons out, 5-6 =
> > normal destruction ( or maybe 5 = vehicle out, crew survives, 6 =
> total
> > loss), but it would provbably be too much complication, and it would
> > certainly get expensive in terms of minis...I mean, it's not like we
> can
> > just flip the counter over, now is it...
> >

> What do you think blast markers are?
>
> The loss of ability of the detachment as a whole reflects this. The
> removal of blast markers represents the command & staff regrouping the
> still living out of a bunch of damaged squads into cohesive squads
> again.

        --------> It probably does. It could also just represent fire
suppression effects. Either way the game effect is the same. My
suggestion above would probably have to be instead of BM's, to make any
sense. BM's represent many of the same things but in a more abstract
way. Some players may want to have specific disabled/immobilized tanks
rather than a group of Leman Russes with some BM's on them.
> hmmm... wheels start spinning...

------> Should be interesting.

Chris Miller