Re: [Epic] Blast Markers

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:49:27 -0700

Dirk Vormann wrote:

> > That is a full all slots filled Ork detachment ,4 detachments of Eldar,
> > 2 detachments of Nurgel engines and 2 detachments of Biovores. Yes, you
> > do have to cheese out your army to do it. Except orks, which only have
> > 45 cm range, you can't lay down 10 bm in one turn with one detachment
> > via disrupts, on the average. In the case of Eldar, your first example,
> > you can't do it period. Max. BM, assuming you make your 4+ is 5. You
> > don't score any hits, as such, so you don't get any for SHW fire.
> But you shoot 4 SHW at one target det. That gives 1 BM for shooting 4 SHW.
> No need to score hits.

And all you need is 2 detats of 5 biovore to place 10 BM's every turn, on overwatch.
Don't need to kill a single figure in the detat you just lost 10 morale for. I wanted to
make a detat to give my assault broods an edge in CC:
1 HT
2 TW's
5 Biovore
4 Assault spawn

They marched once they came on board (my biovore broods are always the last to come in
on reinforcements), overwatched the rest of the game, laid 5 BM's per turn. In a 750
- 1000 point game, two turns of firing were sufficient to end the game.

Turns out it was more effecient to just lay out BM's than to throw the assault swarm into
it at all.

Thane