Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 23:25:55 -0500 (EST)

Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...> writes:
> >> 1500 points for 3 Warlock titans would not have been
> >> too far fetched. They are about equal to a well-armed
> >> Warlord, and more fragile to boot.
>
> > Warlock titans are *rare*. I don't feel they wander around in
> >battlegroup strength. I also hate paying 750 points for one of the damn
> >things, I never seem to get my money's worth.
>
> The abilities alone should be justification for point cost, not some
> background fluff.

        Yeah, but if you could get 3 Warlock Titans for 1500 points
would you ever field Phantoms again? It's something to consider. I
also feel that 1 Warlock/2 Phantoms is more appropriate to the Eldar
army.

> If you never get your points worth, then that implies
> they're overpriced, implying they should be either cheaper or available in
> battlegroup strength.

        I agree, which is why I proposed the battlegroup earlier. I
just feel that fielding them in threes is a bit over the top.
Currently, it's a lot like fielding *a* Reaver. (I refrain from
saying *a* Warlord because that's an even worse situation...)

Mark