RE: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:24:01 -0600

> Hey, I said screw GW, they do it to use, lets do it to them. Base your
> bikes any
> darn way you please. If you plan on playing with friends, put them one
> to a stand
> (heck, do it with infantry if you want, I wouldn't care (That's 16
> units under
> the barrage template thank you very much, so, with 3 whirlwinds that
> comes out to
> alot because I don't want to do the math)
>
> For the plastic bikes I'm putting them two to a stand. As I mentioned,
> the
> plastic sprues make 3 to a base the stupidest idea (sorry all of you
> with 3 to a
> stand) as I mentioned before, it would take something like 4 sprues of
> bikes to
> make even stands of 3. That's why I say it is stupid (not because 3 to
> base
> doesn't look cool)
>
> Tyler

---------> Hey, a lot of us have been living with the "# of units in box
not = to number of units on stand (or on card for SM)" for years now -
it's nothing new. It was mostly infantry before...(Termies, Banshees,
Reapers, etc - 1 to a sprue, 5 or even 10 sprues in a box, unit size
under old rules = 4 stands.) Amusing to see players of the new game deal
with it ...

Chris Miller