Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:18:36 -0600 (CST)

[snip]
Some stuff that I've already addressed in earlier posts (my the list is busy
today).

>Since I am a Princeps of the Adeptus Titanicus, I cannot finish this
>message without calling for a reinstatement of 8 void shields to the
>Warlord. (Of course I'm biased :] )

Well, the Warlord Titan definately needs something to make it a better deal.
Don't know about this void shield increase if we decrease its point cost to
750 though.

>Finally, it concerns me that, once a Titan's void shields are stripped,
>anything has the potential to nail it. The Warlord's plasma reactor
>has a 4+ save, for crying out loud. What happened to the "meters-thick
>armor" that we read about in the fluff? (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's GW,
>etc. etc., but still!) There should be no way that small arms fire
>could do anything more than minor damage to a Titan. Therefore, I
>propose that any attack with no save modifier or a positive save
>modifier (one does exist!) have a -3 modifier to any damage roll. If
>the roll is modified below 1, no damage is dealt. That way, infantry
>and light vehicles can't peg a Titan seriously, but they can always get
>lucky.

Hmmm...I like this system better than the current system, but this system
has its own problems. A little weird the way a weapon goes from 0 save
modifier and totally ineffectual to -1 save modifier and normal damage. I
can understand it for void shields which are being peeled away onion skin
layers at a time, but not for armour.

>I should note that one of the biggest (pardon the pun) reasons for my
>getting into Epic were the Titans (especially the Imperator). True,
>since I've started I have moved away from my first love somewhat, but
>the image of an Imperator striding onto the battlefield guns ablaze
>still sends chills up and down my spine. (Well, that could be a bit
>exaggerated) It's not that I'm a cheeseball who wants the ultimate
>unit. Titans should not be invulnerable, nor should they be the be-all
>and end-all of troops. On the other hand, they should kick some
>serious butt and inspire a great deal of dread, which they fail to do
>under the current rules. Adding a bit of juice to these beasts would
>do the game good.

I completely and utterly agree here, couldn't have said it better.

>Seth Ben-Ezra
>Great Wolf (and Princeps)

Mike the Liu