RE: [Epic] Starcraft Demo

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:15:14 -0600

> With all the talk of Starcraft, I'm wondering
> if I could run the game. A store here in town
> has it, but I want to make sure before I buy it.
> Does anyone know if there's a demo available?
> I heard a rumour that Blizzard released one
> via their website for a few hours one night long
> before the full game was released, but I haven't
> been able to find out if this is true. Thanks!
>
> Jonathan Westmoreland
> LIMS Implementation Assistant
> Norwest Labs-Lethbridge, AB
>
> "Thought begets heresy. Heresy begets retribution."

-------> There's no official demo yet. The game was so far behind (CGW
named it "real-time game of the year" for 1997 HAH!) that they don't
expect a demo for roughly a month. There was an open Beta test for a
while, so if you run across something, it's probably a beta copy - no
telling how much like the real game it actually is...

Chris Miller