re:[Epic] Chaos Titan Battlegroups

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 20 Feb 1997 17:42 EST

In message "[Epic] Chaos Titan Battlegroups", you write:

> > From: "Cameron Bentsen" <stu7i95_at_...>

> > > The gun on the khorne titan tail is one of the Banelord's
> > > 4 weapons. If you want to take that instead of a real gun, fine
> > > by me.
> >
> > No, it's not. The 4 weapon slots are: Hellstrike cannon, Doomfist, and Havok
> > missle rack, which takes 2 slots. The tail & head guns are extra.
>
> Maybe it's been too long since I've read through the weapon
> descriptions, but AFAIK there's no such weapon that takes up 2 'slots'.
> Does it actually say this in TL? I'll go look tonight. But anyway,
> you get four weapons, plus an optional head & tail. The Banelord has 4
> weapons, plus a head & a tail, which mounts one of the 4 weapons. The
> fact that the tail gun & the hellstorm cannon suck is balanced out by
> the doomfist, havoc missile rack, and the battle head.
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

I'm pretty sure that the havoc rack replaces both carapace mounts. So, I don't
consider the havoc rack to be all that useful; I'd rather have two barrage
missles. (Assuming I could replace them, which I can't, I'd have 5 weapons
plus the head by your argument. I'd rather consider the tail gun to be an extra
"special" weapon only found on Banelords, and not count it towards my normal
complement of 4 weapons.)

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa.