Re: [Epic] IG bikes in Epic 40k

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 08:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

> Scott a �crit :
>

> > Sure. Use marine bike stats (after all, they had identical
> >stats in SM/TL). Same deal for IG Landspeeders.

That always pissed me off. IG are crap at everything, yet they were as
good as marines with a fast attack unit. No sense.
I came up with alternate rules:
Move: 30
rnge: 15
fp: 1
AV: 1
armour: 4+
cost: 8

I limit their useage like rough riders. I actually made up a fast
attack/recon detachment, it consists of RR and bikers. I will post it if
anyone is interested. Someone complained about the cost when I originally
declared this, they said it couldn't be that cheap because marine bikes
were already the cheapest bike units. Made no sense to me either. I have
playtested them thoroughly and they aren't that good, they are exactly
like scout vehicles; very fragile, no real combat threat but pretty quick,
the 8 points comes from the increased move balancing out the decreased
range, which is all that is stopping them from being sentinels...

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...