Re: [Epic] Pro-GW Speech (Fishing for free stuff from GW)

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:57:11 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> Unlike any other GW game Epic 40K seems to be a "buy the box, then buy
> miniatures for your army" as opposed to "buy the game, buy the expansion pack,
> buy some new miniatures that we just made rules for, buy a campaign pack, buy
> some card terrain, buy the miniatures for your army, buy your army book."

1: So far.
2: Which leaves it with a smaller potential revenue stream, smaller profits,
earlier death.

> Now, I realize this article was actually about the cancellation of the game,
> but I seriously doubt a big company like GW, who I hear is having a very
> profitable quarter, would cancel a game so quickly. I mean, they can afford to
> let a game not make much profit for as long as they think it will take for it
> to become extremely popular.

Can afford to? Only if they think it _will_ become extremely popular, and
if they think that, they'd be thinking of doing things to _make_ it popular,
instead of plopping it out and dropping it.

Cornelius

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...
//    http://www.nothinbut.net/~cperkins