RE: [Epic] Pro-GW Speech (Fishing for free stuff from GW)

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:40:25 -0600

> > -------> They could definitely put out an expansion pack. But if the
> game
> > isn't selling that well, it would be a foolish move. And if the
> major
> > component was terrain, well, there's a lot of people who are
> "terrain snobs"
> > and won't use the cardboard fold-ups typical of their other products
> - not
> > me in most cases, but they are pretty common. For Epic, their
> terrain has
> > been mostly buildings, and pretty well done. Official campaign rules
> and the
> > cards etc from WD would be a good thing to have in an expansion set,
> but I
> > think it will be quite a while before we see one.
>
> I think a campaign pack would be a nice addition.
>
> Steve

I was speaking to Tim Huckleberry last week on the GW Customer Service
line, and he told me about a new, stand-alone game coming out soon for
Epic 40k. I don't remember if he told me the name for it, but it would
involve
Ork Fighta-Bombas, come with its own rules, and basically be a
completely
separate game from Epic 40k (meaning you don't need the boxed set to
play
it). Now, all of this information is totally from memory, Tim didn't
know the
release date, and so therefore if anyone has any questions, give
Customer
Service a call.

Jonathan Westmoreland
"I can't believe you'd trust that snake."
"Don't worry, Jim. He's our snake now."
-Starcraft