[Epic] Big battle plan

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

A friend of mine and I have decided to try a really big game. Its size is
limited by what he can field, but it looks like it will be 7500 Eldar vs
Imperial. I have made up an imperial force already, what do you think:
TITANS AND SUPER HEAVIES:
Imperator: 900
Warlord: 555
Reaver: 390
2xWarhounds: 400
Leviathan: 330
2 Baneblades and 2 Shadowswords: 440
Ordinatus Mars (Sonic cannon): 200
------------------------
Total (PV/Mor.): 3215/66

IMPERIAL GUARD (Using my command and structure rules)
Artillery Division 1: 202
  1 Siege artillery, 3 Heavy artillery
Artillery Division 2: 323
  5 Siege rtillery, 1 Hydra
Artillery Division 3: 201
  1 Deathstrike, 3 Heavy artillery
Heavies: 243
  Captain, 2 lieutenants, 5 Heavies, 3 Chimera, 4 support weapons, Hydra
Regulars: 347
  Captain, with Psyker, 3 Hero Lieutenants, 3 ratlings, Ogryn, 2 Gorgon,
  Hydra, 9 Tactical, with 4 Commissar
Assault: 323
  Captain (Bike, Psyker), 2 RR lieutenants (hero), 1 Bike lieut (hero)
  6 Rough Riders, 6 Bikes, 10 Sentinels, 3 Hellhounds.
------------------------
Total (PV/Mor.): 1639/36

SUPREME COMMANDER
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Rhino
---------------------
Total (PV/Mor.): 67/2

IMPERIAL NAVY
3 Thunderhawk Gunships: 265
-----------------------
Total (PV/Mor.): 620/14

DARK ANGELS (The deathwing are my own rules)
Deathwing: 427
  Chapter master with Librarian in LR, 6 terminators in LRs.
Ravenwing I: 95
  7 Attack bikes
Ravenwing II: 200
  Librarian on bike, 3 attack bikes, 11 bikes
3rd Company Support: 310
  Captain, 3 Tactical, 2 Devestator, 6 Rhinos, 2 Land raiders
3rd Company Assault: 296
  Librarian, Scout squad, 3 tactical, 2 assault, 6 Rhinos, Landspeeder
7th Company (Fragment): 289
  Chaplain, 6 Tactical, 7 Rhinos
Armour 1: 186
  2 LRs, 3 Predators
Armour 2: 244
  3 Predators, 5 Whirlwinds
------------------------
Total (PV/Mor.): 1947/43

Army Total: 7488/161

I may include a 2500 Adeptus Mechanicus knight force to take it to 10000
if we can find enough Eldar...
Well, it is called EPIC. I miss the huge games. Maybe we should play it
with the night rules from the tournamemt rules :)
Has anyone else tried this?
Am I daft?

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...